Published by Island Independent Network Flat 11 The Appley Appley Rise Ryde
This is the privacy notice of Island Independent Network. In this document, "we", "our", or "us" refer to IIN or Network.
1. This is a notice to inform you of our policy about all information that we record about you. It sets out the conditions under which we may process any information that we collect from you, or that you provide to us. It covers information that could identify you (“personal information”) and information that could not. In the context of the law and this notice, “process” means collect, store, transfer, use or otherwise act on information.
2. We regret that if there are one or more points below with which you are not happy, your only recourse is to leave our website immediately.
3. We take seriously the protection of your privacy and confidentiality. We understand that all visitors to our website are entitled to know that their personal data will not be used for any purpose unintended by them and will not accidentally fall into the hands of a third party.
4. We undertake to preserve the confidentiality of all information you provide to us and hope that you reciprocate.
5. Our policy complies with UK law accordingly implemented, including that required by the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
6. The law requires us to tell you about your rights and our obligations to you regarding the processing and control of your personal data. We do this now, by requesting that you read the information provided at www.knowyourprivacyrights.org
7. Except as set out below, we do not share, or sell, or disclose to a third party, any information collected through our website, or membership forms.
The bases on which we process information about you
1. The law requires us to determine under which of six defined bases we process different categories of your personal information, and to notify you of the basis for each category.
If a basis on which we process your personal information is no longer relevant, then we shall immediately stop processing your data.
If the basis changes then if required by law, we shall notify you of the change and of any new basis under which we have determined that we can continue to process your information
2. Information we process is only done with your consent
Through certain actions when otherwise there is no contractual relationship between us, such as when you browse our website or ask us to provide you more information about the Network, you provide your consent to us to process information that may be personal information.
Sometimes you might give your consent implicitly, such as when you send us a message by e-mail to which you would reasonably expect us to reply.
Except where you have consented to our use of your information for a specific purpose, we do not use your information in any way that would identify you personally. We may aggregate it in a general way and use it to provide class information, for example to monitor the performance of a page on our website.
If you have given us explicit permission to do so, we may from time to time pass your name and contact information to selected associates whom we consider may provide services or products you would find useful.
We continue to process your information on this basis until you withdraw your consent, or it can be reasonably assumed that your consent no longer exists.
You may withdraw your consent at any time by instructing us membership@Islandindependentnetwork.org.com. However, if you do so, you may not be able to use our website or our services further.
3. Information we process because we have a legal obligation
We are subject to the law like everyone else. Sometimes, we must process your information in order to comply with a statutory obligation.
For example, we may be required to give information to legal authorities if they so request or if they have the proper authorisation such as a search warrant or court order.
This may include your personal information.
Specific uses of information you provide to us
4. Information provided on the understanding that it will be shared with a third party
Our website/Social Media allows you to post information with a view to that information being read, copied, downloaded, or used by other people.
4.1. posting a message
4.2. tagging an image
In posting personal information, it is up to you to satisfy yourself about the privacy level of every person who might use it.
We do not specifically use this information except to allow it to be displayed or shared.
We do store it, and we reserve a right to use it in the future in any way we decide.
Once your information enters the public domain, we have no control over what any individual third party may do with it. We accept no responsibility for their actions at any time.
Provided your request is reasonable and there is no legal basis for us to retain it, then at our discretion we may agree to your request to delete personal information that you have posted. You can make a request by contacting us at email@example.com
5. Complaints regarding content on our website
Our website is a publishing medium. Anyone may register and then publish information about himself, herself or some other person.
We attempt to moderate user generated content, but we are not always able to do so as soon as that content is published.
If you complain about any of the content on our website, we shall investigate your complaint.
If we feel it is justified or if we believe the law requires us to do so, we shall remove the content while we investigate.
Free speech is a fundamental right, so we must make a judgment as to whose right will be obstructed: yours, or that of the person who posted the content that offends you.
If we think your complaint is vexatious or without any basis, we shall not correspond with you about it.
6. Information relating to your method of payment
We do not retain any personal payment details of any description, on our website or on social Media.
Memberships can be paid by BACS Payment direct to the Island Independent Networks bank account, no member of the Network will ever ask for your personal payment details
7. Joining the Network
If you send us information in connection with an application to join, we may keep it for up to 4 years in case we decide to contact you later. For example, an election is called.
If you join the network, we collect information about you and your work from time to time throughout the period of your membership. This information will be used only for purposes directly relevant to your membership. After your membership has ended, we will keep your file for 4 years before destroying or deleting it, unless you withdraw your consent.
8. Sending a message to our support team
When you contact us, whether by telephone, through our website or by e-mail, we collect the data you have given to us in order to reply with the information you need.
We record your request and our reply in order to increase the efficiency of our communication with you.
We keep personally identifiable information associated with your message, such as your name and email address to be able to track our communications with you to provide a high-quality service.
When we receive a complaint, we record all the information you have given to us.
We use that information to resolve your complaint.
If your complaint reasonably requires us to contact some other person, we may decide to give to that other person some of the information contained in your complaint. We do this as infrequently as possible, but it is a matter for our sole discretion as to whether we do give information, and if we do, what that information is.
We may also compile statistics showing information obtained from this source to assess the level of service we provide, but not in a way that could identify you or any other person.
Complaints directed to;
Disclosure and sharing of your information
We do not disclose your Personal details or share your data unless for a statutory purpose, for example standing for election. Of course, we always have your consent for standing in the first instance,
Access to your own information
10. Access to your personal information
10.1. At any time, you may review or update personally identifiable information that we hold about you, by requesting this from the Membership Secretary.
10.2. To obtain a copy of any information that is not provided on our website you may send us a request at firstname.lastname@example.org.
10.3. After receiving the request, we will tell you when we expect to provide you with the information, and whether we require any fee for providing it to you.
11. Removal of your information
11. Removal of your informationally identifiable information from our records you may contact us at email@example.com.
This could limit the service we can provide to you.
12. Verification of your information
When we receive any request to access, edit or delete personal identifiable information we shall first take reasonable steps to verify your identity before granting you access or otherwise taking any action. This is important to safeguard your information.
13. How you can complain
13.2. If a dispute is not settled, then we hope you will agree to attempt to resolve it by engaging in good faith with us in a process of mediation or arbitration.
13.3. If you are in any way dissatisfied about how we process your personal information, you have a right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner's Office. This can be done at https://ico.org.uk/concerns/
14. Retention period for personal data
Except as otherwise mentioned in this privacy notice, we keep your personal information only for as long as required by us:
14.1. to provide you with the services you have requested;
14.2. to comply with other law, including for the period demanded by our tax authorities;
14.3. to support a claim or defence in court.
14.4 As mentioned before only up until 4 years unless directed by you to delete your information.
15. Compliance with the law
However, ultimately it is your choice as to whether you wish to use our website or join the Network.
We may update this privacy notice from time to time as necessary. The terms that apply to you are those posted here on our website on the day you use our website. We advise you to print a copy for your records.